Trevor Bownass & Co focuses on "Full Building Surveys" (previously known as structural surveys) of all types of residential property, both houses and Flats, old or new, with particular expertise of historic and Listed buildings.
Our building surveys include:
- a detailed description and report on the design, construction and condition of the property
- sensible and realistic advice on cause and effect of cracking and movement, dampness & rot, and other structural problems
- advice on any specialist investigations required
- a summary of any urgent repairs and/or maintenance work needed
- a balanced opinion on the market value of the property as an extra service.
- if required, comment on feasibility for alteration or extension
- if required, a brief schedule of work for repairs/upgrading
- comment on thermal performance and feasibility of improvement
We are often asked to provide further advice, following our initial survey, particularly concerning alteration and extension, and if this is of interest please let us know when confirming instructions, before we visit the property. We can then properly consider your ideas and advise on feasibility, from a structural point of view, and also with regard to planning requirements, and get the ball rolling at an early stage.